Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Journey

This is my journey and thoughts as I begin my study of "The Blessing" by Gary Smalley & John Trent, PH.D.

We all long to be accepted by others. I want to be accepted by others. I have a fear of what people think, fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of not measuring up, fear of fear itself. The lack of the blessing often has devastating effects in every area of our lives and and at all stages of our lives. Everyone needs to receive the blessing. I didn't. Meaning, i did not receive affirmation from my parents growing up. There was not alot warmth or affection.

Those who miss the blessing may struggle vainly to sustain or attain close relationships-with a spouse, children, friends, or even with their heavenly Father. That is the reason I am here now, so that as a mother, I can give the blessing to my children and as a wife, to have a positive, wholesome realationship with my husband and to find the blessing for myself and with my heavenly father.

I pray I will commit to this study. I always start something and never finish. Example: I have wanted to work on each room in our home to get it decorated and painted the way we want it, after finishing the dining room I moved on to the entertainment room and removed the old boarder around the room. I received my new boarder to go up.....but I am afraid of putting it up. I cannot get started on this room. I do not know what I am afriad of. Stacy, i know you will be here in October, so hopefully....the boarder you found for me will be up by then.

No comments: