Friday, August 12, 2005

3 simple words.....

I am not addicted to this blogging, I do have sort of a life...dishes, laundry, I just cannot get this thought, this story off of my mind. It goes with what I studied this morning and I have too much going....my dog is down stairs eating off of my lunch plate, I heard the fork hit the floor...be right back...so much for my chicken and rice. Anyway, I have to share this story. I have a good friend that I have known for 11 years. She and I can go 2 months, 6 months without talking and when we do we pick up right where we left off.

Well, it had been about 8 months since we had talked, and one day she called. She said "were back". "Back, back from where"? "Oh, we moved to Boston for six months, and I did not have the heart to call you and say goodbye". "I thought I would call you once we were there, but....." So we continued talking and I asked her what happened, why did they move. I knew her husband was from Boston and had always wanted to be near his father. My friend has always lived in TX. and only 15 minutes from her parents, so moving was not on the top of her list. She finally decided that she needed to do this for her husband. To give this a shot. It did not go well. They moved there and lived with his father while looking for a home. The great expectations her husband was expecting did not go the way he thought with his father. It was devastating for him.

They moved back, having to start all over. When they moved they had pulled their two children out of awesome schools, sold their beautiful home, he gave up his job as a chef at a fine hotel where she was in management. She started to cry, explaining how difficult it is to see her husband so depressed, both looking for jobs, a home. She said "Bobbie, the best thing that happened out of all of this is.......for the first time in all of my life, my mom told me the day that we were leaving for Boston, I LOVE YOU! " For the first time? She is 36 years old. My friend said this experience had all been worth it.

The power of three simple words.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Guess what?? YOU are a great writer! Yes, YOU!!

I'm so proud of you, for three reasons that jump out at me at this moment:

1. You started blogging, which is WAY out of your comfort zone.
2. You've made a commitment to better your life and the lives of your kids through "the blessing".
3. You eat healthy stuff like chicken and rice for lunch. I had a package of Starburst. :0

Bobbie said...

You just put a BIG smile on my face, I think I will wear it for the rest of the day...heck the whole weekend. Thank you.