Friday, August 12, 2005

The Blessing

Blessings began with God. Gen. 1:27-28. In the Webster's Dictionary, bless means-To make holy, ask divine favor for, to make happy. I want to be happy, I want my family to be happy. I need to give them the honor and praise they need to have success, prosperity, and longevity. This is not always easy on a daily basis. I tend to see the negative first. In my defense I say I do this so as to lead them to do the right things, the right way. (Is this what I heard as a child?)But I often fail to praise them for when they have done the right things the right way. I think I see a pattern here, and this scares me.

I have a bad habit of listening with one ear. Meaning, when Brianna is talking to me, I tend to give her half of my attention. Then I end up asking her to repeat what she just told me. I need to really listen when others talk.

I have been planning to make the girls a batch of homemade cookies everyday since they started school on Monday. It is Friday. We can all give our blessing to our loved ones, friends, ourselves. It only takes knowing how to do it, the desire, and a commitment to express love and caring.

I recall receiving the blessing from my husband after giving birth to each of our girls. He expressed how proud he was of me, and how much he admired me for my strength. (24 hours of labor).

Here are five things I can do to give my blessing. 1. touch 2. words 3. express high value 4. picturing a special future 5. making an active commitment to seeing the blessing come to pass. I pray God will plant these five elements into my head and as I wake each morning I will act on each one of these in some way, for someone. Well I'm off.....to make my girls that batch of cookies.

No comments: