Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanksgiving Holiday

This Thanksgiving was awesome. It was so good to see all of our family. My mother-in-law is the best cook when it comes to, well, anything! Her dressing is the only dressing I will eat. It is sooo yummy, she does not put a lot of sage in hers like my mom does thank goodness. We spent several days with Santos family and then saw some friends and finally Saturday I got to see my sister and her family.

OHHH what a treat. You just do not have a dull time around my sis. She welcomed us with a scrumptious breakfast casserole and yummy fruit salad. After eating we headed to down town Fort Worth to see Santa Claus. When Stacy and I sat in Santa's lap I asked him what "he" wanted for Christmas, he said, "hmm, I don't know, I have never been asked that". It was fun. From there we went to the Water Gardens so Stacy could take some pictures of all of us. She is such a great photographer. We went through some neat shops downtown and I bought my niece some jewelry for her b-day that was six months ago.

Anyway the rest of the night was eating out, hanging out, and farting and burping till midnight. Must have been the hot sauce. It was such a blessing to be in their home and to see them. We woke at 6:00a.m. and headed home Sunday. I told my DH that is was kinda weird, but it felt good to be going home. Home....TN. The drive home is beautiful, our town is beautiful, our home is beautiful and we plan to make our future here just as nice.

I have not picked up the pictures from our trip, but I will share them next time.

:)

No comments: