Thursday, May 04, 2006

Spiritual Amnesia

Light The FireBill Maxwell
Verse 1:

I stand to praise You,
But I fall to my knees.
My spirit is hungry,
But my flesh is so weak___.

Chorus:

Light the fire (echo)
In my soul,
(in my weary soul)
Fan the flame, (echo)
Make me whole.
(make my spirit whole)
Lord, You know (echo)
Where I've been,
(where I've been)
So light the fire in my heart again.

Verse 2:
I feel Your arms around me,
As the power of Your healing begins.
You breathe new life right through me,
Like a mighty rushing wind___.


So light the fire in my heart again,
light the fire in my heart again,
light the fire in my heart again.

This song is how I feel tonight. The devil wants to disconnect us from our hearts and from the heart of God. It is what he had to do to bear the loss of heaven. I have just felt empty for a very long, long time, like spiritual amnesia.

I have felt unworthy of Gods love, but this is only because of the whispers of Satan. Gods love for me began w/the laughter of the Trinity. And what God wants from me is my laughter, my tears, my dreams, my fears. I have never been wanted for my heart, my truest self, not really not for long. The thought that God wants my heart seems to good to be true.

I know now more than I have before how much God truly loves me. And I want to connect w/the heart that God desired me to have from the day he breathed life into me. Pure, unselfish, forgiving, loving, patient. I feel the fire now, but how easy it is for the flame to be blown out in my daily life of chores and errands, a busyness that separates me from God and others, even from my own desire to find a match to light it again.

Dear God, please help me to not listen to Satans whispers. Make me take the time to find that match as I go about my chores, errands............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just poppin in to say hi
hope your doing good

Anonymous said...

I really wish there was someway I could listen to the song... cuz I'm playing in for a church camp I'm going to and although this sounds crazy I've never heard it before. Right now I'm just making up my tune but I really wish I knew what the original sounded like.